Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone here play Guild Wars?

• Please log in to reply

skyhintack

skyhintack

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I've never been a fan of paying a fee for a game I've already purchased, so that's why I don't play WOW.

I started playing a little over a year ago, but took a break and was lazy, but here's what I have:
  • Factions
  • Prophecies
  • One Way Charlie - Mo/W - Lvl 20
  • Sky Hintack - W/Mo - Lvl 18 hence my forum name :)
  • Draw Of The Mist - N/Me - Lvl 16
  • Ari Hintack - Ele - Lvl 6 (In Presearing)
  • Mercurial X - A - Lvl 5
I'm in my own guild, but no one is in it because I haven't had the time to be active.

Anyone else?

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
I have glanced at the game before, but never played it. How big are the worlds? Is there enough there to keep me busy for a while?

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
I used to play it.. but then I started playing WoW. :)

I found it pretty cool, but was kinda disappointed how easy it was to level a character to max level. Sure it's pretty easy in WoW too, but WoW seems to provide a pretty fun storyline along the way with all the quests and such.

skyhintack

skyhintack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I found it pretty cool, but was kinda disappointed how easy it was to level a character to max level. Sure it's pretty easy in WoW too, but WoW seems to provide a pretty fun storyline along the way with all the quests and such.

They purposely made it easy to max out. Grinding to jump 75+ levels is not what I call fun. The GW storylines' aren't bad and there are plenty of quests to keep anyone busy.

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
I played it, but then everyone moved to WOW :) So now its not so populated.

What do you think about GuildWars 2?

skyhintack

skyhintack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I have glanced at the game before, but never played it. How big are the worlds? Is there enough there to keep me busy for a while?

There's plenty to keep people busy. If you get bored with PvE, then there's PvP. There are special quests that change daily for rewards at the "Great Temple of Balthazar." If you browse the wiki, along with getting all the campaigns, I can assure you that you would be busy for at least one year (and that's doing a lot of work daily). The world's (called Maps in GW) are quite large. There are many places and some most people don't even unlock unless they explore 65%+ of the map. Each campaign adds a new map, with the exception of Eye of the North. That's 3 total maps and EOTN adds to one of the already existing maps.

I played it, but then everyone moved to WOW :) So now its not so populated.

What do you think about GuildWars 2?

At least for special events it's very populated! As far as GW2 goes, I would probably buy it, but not until I complete GW1 first. I think the new features will be great, but I wish that the whole transformation wasn't like starting the game all over again (new characters, money, accounts, etc.).

Edited by skyhintack, 02 June 2009 - 04:20 PM.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts

They purposely made it easy to max out. Grinding to jump 75+ levels is not what I call fun. The GW storylines' aren't bad and there are plenty of quests to keep anyone busy.

True, but in my case I played all the Warcraft games up to the Frozen Throne, so the storyline in WoW seemed to appeal to me more. Don't get me wrong through Guild Wars is a great MMO.