Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown Trojan problem

• Please log in to reply

huntsman

huntsman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Dell desktop with Windows XP. My browser is Mozilla firefox. I use Zone Alarm Security Suite for firewall, virus, and spyware protection, and I run Malware Bytes about once a week.

Earlier today, Zone Alarm alerted me that it detected a trojan that it was unable to quarantine. My computer suddenly froze. Windows opened when I rebooted, but my desktop went whacko. Zone Alarm did not reboot, icons disappeared when I clicked on them, and then my mouse stopped working. The same thing happened when I rebooted again.

I then opened in Safe Mode. When I attempted to use System Restore, nothing happened during the final step. I then tried to open Zone Alarm, Malware Bytes, Spybot, and other anti-spyware programs that are installed on my computer, but they wouldn't open. I was able to get a Hijack This logfile, but I can't print it out because my computer tells me there is no printer installed. I don't notice anything unusual in the logfile.

When I try to type something in "Run" in Safe Mode, the keyboard doesn't work.

Is there any hope for me?

Advertisements