Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Network Help PLZ

• Please log in to reply

dogy_2003

dogy_2003

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK, now i am a very computer savy person but this problem i've been haveing is "impossible too fix" or at least i think so, well, i have a 3 computer network, 2 of them are hooked directly up to my netgear router and another is wireless, netgear wireless adapter, both direct hook ups are working fine but the wireless one won't connect to the internet. now the wireless compuer is connected to the router, because i can look at the other computers shared docs, but for some reason i cant surf the web! I've tried repairing the connection but that diddent work so now im all out of ideas, so if someone could help plz that would be great! :tazz:

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Do you have WEP enabled?

dogy_2003

dogy_2003

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
no

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
I have gone crazy with this issue before myself. The first time I had to uninstall the wireless card drivers and reinstall them and everything worked. Then next time I had to disable the ethernet card that is in the computer through device manager. The third time this happened I had to unbridge the connections. For some reason in network connections there were a couple connections present and they were bridged, I right clicked on the bridged one and unbridged it then everything worked. Try a couple of those thoughts. Let me know.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz: