Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reloading Problem

• Please log in to reply

Crshr

Crshr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. I'm trying to reload windows from my recovery discs and it keeps getting hung up. It seems to work fine at first but then the disc stops being read and I get a blue screen that says "Please wait a moment..." It's been stuck there for hours. I left it in hoping it would restart (this happens right after it says "Windows is loading files..."), but no luck. I tried restarting it and it gets stuck at the same spot every time. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Crshr

Advertisements

Ectech

Ectech

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
can you post the model of the computer?

Crshr

Crshr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's a gateway lx6810-01 (if you need more specs, I can list them for you)and I've actually managed to get past this only to run into another problem. Now I get through the Please wait a moment to the language select screen. When I choose English and click next it gives me an error window that reads "Error in GetMapCDDriveL0" I can click ok but then it says to insert the system disc ...which is already inserted. I re-insert and nothing happens. It just keeps the window asking for me to insert the system disc. >.< Arrrgh. *sigh*

Ectech

Ectech

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
The hard drive could have some bad sectors on it. Lets try to repair them.

1) boot the computer from cd
2) select repair your computer
3) click command prompt
4) type chkdsk /r
5) press enter

Gateway LX 6810-01 has a 640Gb hard drive so the process will take a while.

After its finished, try the setup again.