Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Shader Model 2.0

• Please log in to reply

amyyoda

amyyoda

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I got the Sims 3 today, and it installed fine. When I try to run it, however, it says that my video card does not support Shader Model 2.0 and to upgrade my card. I am willing to purchase a new video card, but I'm not sure what to buy. I'm looking for a very cheap card that will still work well. We own a Windows XP Dimension 3000 Dell, what's best for a low budget?

Advertisements

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
You will need to determine what video card slot your motherboard supports (agp/pci/pci express). Also look into what wattage your power supply is, and what available power connections it is. This info will help narrow down what cards would work well in your machine.

amyyoda

amyyoda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I know that we have an Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller. Our computer has Intel Premium 4 CPU, 2.80 GHz, 2.79 GHz, 504 mb of Ram. And that's all I know how to find. It has 250 Watts.

*Edit: I looked in our computer handbook, and it says that the bus type is PCI, is that the same? The video type is Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2.

Edited by amyyoda, 02 June 2009 - 04:44 PM.

eacrislip

eacrislip

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I too am having the same problem. And it sounds like we have the same computer. If my husband finds out that he wasted his money on the game and we can't play it, he is going to be mad. So can some one please help me.

Edited by eacrislip, 13 June 2009 - 04:22 PM.

amyyoda

amyyoda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
We ended up buying this card, http://www.circuitci...e...9&CatId=319
It is very affordable, easy to install, and the best part is the game works now. Good luck with your computer.