Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A new PC

• Please log in to reply

daka123

daka123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am thinking of buying a new PC from best buy and for now the one i want to get is this :The computer

Please give me some opinions on its performance and the upgrades that can de done to improve it. Suggestions of other computers are also appreciated. I actually want to have a powerfull PC to run as many processes I want and to be able to play games like wow on max resolutions and also to surf in the net at the same time. Thank you.

Edited by daka123, 03 June 2009 - 07:26 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A more pertinent question would be to ask yourself: What do I want to do with the computer?

Do I want to simply go online with it, browse the Internet, write a letter on occasion and do online banking and the odd online Flash game?
Or do I want to play Flight Sim, World of Warcraft, shoot virtual people to death online and stay online all night, every night until some obscene hour in a virtual world?

laptopfan76

laptopfan76

• Pip
  • 3 posts
First and foremost, like Neil commented, you need to decide on what the laptop or PC will be primarily used for. Specifications can vary a lot from computer to computer. Are you a home user, a gamer, business user, multimedia user or all of these? This article might help you get started on what computer and specification you will need - reviews.cnet.com/laptop-buying-guide/?tag=bg;bg_l

Matthew
HP