Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reseting my Computer

• Please log in to reply

Nerd Fighter

Nerd Fighter

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay here is my problem. I want to reset my computer to the settings as they were when I first turned my computer on when I first got it. The main reason why I want this is because I play a Private Server with a friend (Runescape one, don't laugh)and I have no reason why but all of a sudden when I hit Run.bat to start the server client it just opens and closes really fast, I have no current restore points at this time that work.

My solution of Run.Bat not working is being lazy and resetting my computers settings to when I FIRST turned it on, so if anyone could help with

A. Fixing run.bat
or
B. Helping me reset computer to what I think you all call factory settings, which I have no disk.

Thanks!

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Paste the contents of run.bat here and lets see what exactly its doing.

Nerd Fighter

Nerd Fighter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Alright the contents inside the run.bat application are:

@echo off:menuclstitle TabboScape Clientecho Client Tools echo.echo R - Press letter R to run the TabboScape client.echo C - Press letter C to compile the client,* use the compiler.bat to compile*echo E - Press letter E to exit the TabboScape client echo [url="http://tabboscape.tk"]http://tabboscape.tk[/url] is the website/forums! Join please, to benefit in server ways!echo Thanks For using the TabboScape Client!echo.set /p option=Option:if %option%==c goto compileif %option%==C goto compileif %option%==R goto runif %option%==r goto runif %option%==rc goto CRif %option%==RC goto CRif %option%==rC goto CRif %option%==Rc goto CRif %option%==cr goto CRif %option%==CR goto CRif %option%==cR goto CRif %option%==Cr goto CRif %option%==e goto exitif %option%==E goto exitif %option%==* goto errorgoto error:compiletitle Compilercls"D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin\javac.exe" -cp . *.javapausegoto menu:runclstitle Chris-Scape Client Runjava -Xmx1000m -cp .;Theme.jar Gui 0 0 highmem members 32clspause:CRtitle Compile-Runcls"D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_13\bin\javac.exe" -cp . *.javatitle xpvpxx Clientjava -Xmx1000m -cp .;Theme.jar Gui 0 0 highmem members 32clspause:exitclsexit:errorclstitle Errorecho Invalid command. Please make sure the commands you type in are correct.pauseclsgoto menu

As far as I'm concerned its just opening up the kids client to play his server, nothing works for any server I get that I have to use run.bat for. It actually started not working after I updated iTunes and Safari, but that wont affect anything.