Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox upgrade - profile data lost

• Please log in to reply

tabletgirl

tabletgirl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just wondering if there is anything else I can do. This is on my Vista laptop/tablet.

I was purposely holding off on upgrading from FireFox 2.whatever to FireFox 3. But yesterday I was typing something rapidly and FF popped up asking if I wanted to upgrade and my few keystrokes told it to upgrade. UGH!

I forgot about it, and now when I just reopened FF, it completed the install. All my bookmarks, plugins, stored passwords, etc, etc are gone apparently.

I closed it and looked in the Users/Appdata/Mozilla/whatever folder and it only has the default profile plus one named Clean that I had made months ago. So is that it, it's just all gone?

I know, I should have made backups. I know how to restore one if I can find an old backup, but it would be really old and not too useful. That was a lot of data.

Thanks.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
So theres only one folder listed in the Application Data folder?