Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Will Not Load

• Please log in to reply

Amy9621

Amy9621

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

The computer at my job windows will not work. The last thing that happened was there was this blue screen which says that windows might be infected with spyware or virus, please run some program to fix this. Well not exactly, but something along those line.

So I run the search and destroy and tried to reboot the computer. It didn't reboot so I did a hard reset, turnet it on and off.

The blue screen with the windows logo comes on, but nothing happens, it just has the windows with the logo on forever. So i turned the computer on and off again, and tried the last know configuration thing.

Same problem,

tried safe mode (all three)

Same problem, blue screen logo, windows won't load.

Tried another of the options, got some command line stuff, my DOS skillz a little rusty.

Is this a booting problem? Should I do the bootcfg thing? Or is this a virus thing, and I"d have to reformat. I didn't download anything except a pdf file of freight classes. Is there any antivirus programs that can be run using command lines, I can't even load windows to run any antivirus progs.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Do you have a bootable cd like windows install or perhaps an antivirus install cd such as norton that you can boot to and do some clean up? Do you have any IT support at your work site?

Amy9621

Amy9621

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I fixed it, did a simple repair installation. Worked. Thanks anyways.