Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp and windows7

• Please log in to reply

deanie44

deanie44

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi. I need to purchase a new graphics card for my Dell Dimension E310. I have one PCI slot and a PCIe slot. I would like the video card to work with Windows 7 and Windows XP. The video card---Nvidia GeForce fx 5200--seems to be dying. It is attached via s-video to my tv from the back of the card. The display on my television is black and white. I have tried Nview to correct the color, but nothing seems to help. To make a long and boring story short, I need a new video card or ideas to make the existing card work. Any help will be appreciated. deanie

Dell Dimension E310
WindowsXP Professional SP3
Philips DVD+RW DVD8801
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR81643
1.99 of Ram
Media Center Home Edition 2005
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
Hauppauge WinTv PVR 500 dual tuner card
HAUPPAUGE WINTIV HVR 1250 TUNER CARD
2nd HD--Window 7 RC1 v. 7100

Advertisements

deanie44

deanie44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Trippster. Thank you for answering my post. The Nvidia card has a vga output, but I need a cable that can connect to the component video on my tv. I have searched for this kind of cable. Unfortunately I have not had any success.
Do you know where I can purchase a vga to component cable that is 8 feet long and at a reasonable price(under $50). I need it 8 feet long for my tv is in the next room.

Edited by deanie44, 03 June 2009 - 08:18 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Take a look at this place Here
They have several lengths and pricing seems reasonable. They are in California and Georgia. I hope this helps.

deanie44

deanie44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Trippster, I solved the problem. I reinstalled the graphic card and everything is working as it should. Also I found a s-video to rca connector in my "computer" bin, which did the trick. Thank you so much for your assistance. deanie44

Edited by deanie44, 09 June 2009 - 11:11 AM.