Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Taskbar Right Hand Hide Inactive Toggle Missing

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
I usually have a hide inactive/show inactive icons toggle on right hand side of desktop, but it has disappeared. I also have one on left hand side which allows me to quick lauch programs,

How do I get the right hand toggle back. Properties of taskbar curentl show the "hide inactive icons" as being ticked off and the taskbar is locked.

This ocurrs periodically and usually comes back after a reboot, but not this time.

waynf

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Go here: http://www.kellys-ko...m/xp_tweaks.htm
Go to #117 on the left and download the file. Make sure that it's extension is .reg, and then run it.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
When I do as advised I get a screen full of HKey listing such as the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Shell"="Explorer.exe"

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StreamsMRU]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\explorer.exe]

I don't see anywhere a program or application to download

waynf

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Copy all the text that you see when you click on the link, it will look like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Shell"="Explorer.exe"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once you copied the text, open up notepad, and paste the text. Then save the file, with the .reg extension. Then run the file, and allow it to be merged into the registry.