Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

fan running

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi There:
Recently the fan on my computor is running loud and it revs up louder and louder.I thought it might be my anit virus program running in the background... so I took out the program completely,no change.I can have all the programs shut down and be on my desktop and it is still reving.If I put it on standby it will stop finally,but it is irritating as heck.This just started recently so it's not e-mail(outlook express),I did download messenger but that was before this started and when i click on ctrl,alt,delete it says no programs are running.Do you guys have any idea,my serenity is getting rocked.thx

• 34,114 posts
Which fan are you talking about?
A program wont cause the fan to run with the exception of a GPU fan when you are playing a game. This keeps the GPU cooler as it runs.
Is this the PSU fan
Second Case Cooling Fan
CPU fan
GPU fan