Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless home network one computer can't connect

• Please log in to reply

Jaekus

Jaekus

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
At my place we have two desktop PCs and a laptop using the same wireless network (D-Link router).

Tonight, all of a sudden one of the PCs (with Vista) stopped connecting to the network and won't connect again.

I've deleted the network profile, found it again and still can't connect. We've rebooted several times, reset the router -- nothing.

My PC, which I'm typing this on, has full strength and no problems accessing the same network. Same with my girlfriend's laptop. I'm XP, she's Vista.

I must admit I have no idea what to do, have searched online and tried as many different things as I can with no success, including fiddling with the wireless receiver plugged into the PC.

Please help!

Advertisements

Jaekus

Jaekus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I really don't know why but after the PC was turned off yet again I turned it back on, tried to diagnose the problem, couldn't fix it, tried to find the network, found it, tried to connect and it worked. Weird.