Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help please! I'm stuck in safe mode while installing windows x

• Please log in to reply

kaito_kid12

kaito_kid12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
It all started when my computer got infected by a virus called tazebama.dll. I did a little search online and found out that I had to delete some files while in safe mode. so i restarted my computer in safe mode from the msconfig and deleted those files then i restarted the computer again as the instructions said i should do.
When i restarted the computer , the blue screen of death appeared instead. I tried to restart it again and again but the same blue screen appeared.i did another little search and then found out that I had to bring the windows xp cd and try to repair windows using the console thing ( i forget what it's called) , because I had some missing files or something.
I did all the repair thing and everything was going well when this message box came:
setup cannot work in safe mode.windows will now restart ( or something like it)
I tried to get out of safe mode by pressing F8 and choosing the start windows normally option but it didn't work , and I tried the the last configuration thing and it also didn't work. And now i'm stuck and I don't know what to do . i have important pictures and videos on that computer and I really need them because they're only available on that computer.
Please help , I'm desperate.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Do you know what the BSOD said?
If not then do the following to get the BSOD to stop and reply back with the full error message:

Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
Click Enter to disable it
The system should reboot and if not then do so.
When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

kaito_kid12

kaito_kid12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It didn't work, but the error code was this 0*0000007b , 0*00000034

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So the system will not boot into normal mode at all if I am reading this correctly. If you are able to get into safe mode then i suggest you backup your data files to be safe.
If you can't do it in safe mode then do this:

Get Puppy Linux Download this file:
puppy-2.16-seamonkey-fulldrivers.iso
and burn it to cd
if you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files get burncdcc from my signature below ..a small FAST no frills iso burning program...

NOTE...do not put a blank cd in until burncdcc opens the tray for you
1. Start BurnCDCC
2. Browse to the ISO file you want to burn on cd/dvd ....in this case its puppy-2.16-seamonkey-fulldrivers.iso
3. Select the ISO file
4. click on Start

make sure in the bios the cd drive is the first boot device....

put the cd in the cd drive..boot your computer....puppy will boot and run totally in ram...if your hardware is in good working order you will know...
after you get it running and your at the desktop...you take the puppy linux cd out and then you can use the burner to copy all yor data to cd/dvds
you can also use it to backup your data to a external usb harddrive..You must have it hooked to the computer when you boot up with puppy.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Since this all started with a virus infection then:

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here