Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple HP Pavilion dv6000 Issues

• Please log in to reply

Krayven

Krayven

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. I am running an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop running Windows Vista. Last night, I began experiencing failure in my different browsers. They'd stop working. Soon enough, my MSN messenger and other internet programs quit connecting to the internet. I called my ISP tech support line and, considering my other laptop was working and after some modem testing, they explained that this was most likely a worn out wireless adapter in my laptop.

Another issue I found is if I reboot my system or shut it down in normal Windows, it leads to a blue screen. Unfortunately, the text is extremely blurry on the blue screen but I can see the loader dumping the physical data or what not.

However...I am able to run out of safe mode and use any internet application, so I'm assuming that they were wrong. I started snooping around for my issue and promptly used Revo Uninstaller to delete my Norton and Trend programs, as they might've been blocking my browser access. This was to no avail. I then found out about hijack this and this forum, so I am wondering where I should go from here.

Please help!

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
If everything began messing up at once, then I would suspect malware. We can do some diagnostics later if you do not have an infection, but please follow the rest of this post clearly. I may or may not see you back here later. Thanks.

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HijackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Edited by DragonMaster Jay, 04 June 2009 - 08:28 PM.

nbrunswick

nbrunswick

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The FIRST hp dv6-1230 that I bought from Office Depot had blue screen problems after about 2 weeks of normal use. I brought it back to the store and they gave me a completely new computer.....which also blue screened after using it for about 1 hour. Microsoft had sent an email to the store (Office Depot) stating that there are problems with some of the Windows automatic updates and this is causing blue screen problems in many computers. I am getting my THIRD new hp dv6 tomorrow, which hopefully will not have this problem. I am covered under a 3 year warranty, by the way.