Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

i have missing files and think a vondo

• Please log in to reply

derek101112

derek101112

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hi i just got a toshiba laptop from my son, wile he was in iraq he and the other men got infected. when he got back ststeside he bought a new one and gave me this one. i've ran a system restore disk and got rid of most of the problems but it's still not working right i have missing files, programs are not working right and i still can't get the fingerprint sensor working i get error fingerprint sensor device communication error and cannot find fingerprint sensor device, and when i start up the computer i get an error message failed to get session notifications and i found this file [b]c:\windows\system32\v0500hwx.dll and others that i never seen can some one please help?

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Looks like your problem is malware related. Please go to the Malware Forum and read the stickies located at the top, especially this one.
The guides will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. Then you can post a HijackThis log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. Only after a three day wait may you move to The Waiting Room where you will be on the top of the list to be helped.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

derek101112

derek101112

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
thank you i'll try this now

derek101112

derek101112

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
went to malware forum and went through the steps. every thing i ran came up clean, but now i have things i cant open and still at startup i get the message failed to get session notification

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
I think it could be possibly caused by the program ToshibaRC.exe.
Another user had the same problem as you, also with a Toshiba laptop. There isn't much info on the program, however I have found that it isn't a critical component at startup..

We can try disabling it from startup, to see if any problems go away.

Open System Configuration:

Start > Run > msconfig

Check under both Services and Startup tabs, whether you can find ToshibaRC.exe. If you can uncheck it and click apply. Exit the System Configuration utility and restart your computer.

Any luck?

-Jason

derek101112

derek101112

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
sorry didin't get back sooner but as of right now it's working ok

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts