Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I microwaved a....

• Please log in to reply

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
Thought it might be funny to see what people have experimented with in their microwave. Or done by accident.

Was watching a video on youtube about people seeing what they could put in a microwave and thanks to Cold Titanium for mentioning it on another thread

Please no animal stories :)

I once put an avocado in a microwave and it promptly exploded, my manager wasn't too happy as it was her only avocado (was trying to ripen it :))

Edited by snowchick7669, 04 June 2009 - 09:41 PM.

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Hrm. I haven't really microwaved much - other than a metal fork accidentally.. It was quite hot when I burned my hand picking it up :)

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
I put a Pellow in once. It did not do anything other than get really freaking hot.

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Ah, I actually do have a funny story with microwaves.

Well.. long story short..

I worked in a restaurant known as MCDONALDS!! Ugh. Ik right?

Well in the morning we serve this random thing called a McGriddle. It's a little round, brown pattie, with pockets that hold small amounts of maple syrup inside. Pretty flippin delish. Anyhow.

My toaster(aka Kieth) doesn't realize how many we go through - and runs out. Takes 7 minutes to cook full batch, and I'm waiting on 2. So he puts a frozen one in our queing oven, (aka SUPER MICROWAVE) and forgets about it. After 2 minutes smoke is POURING out of the back heat vents. It smelled really bad too. All I could do was laugh though. Well, and cough. :)

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Darn what a waste of money, I've done something like at my brother job at bk.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
This is not about microwaving a pet, but it does involve a pet indirectly. My husband put something in the microwave one day and it started sparking like mad. We couldn't figure out why at first, but then found one of my cat's hairs in the microwave. Once we removed it, everything was fine.

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
That's pretty crazy, I hear cats are extremely magnetic - or have a deep connection with the earths magnetic field..
That's how they find their way home over hundreds of miles :)

Also - NEVER PUT A MAGNET NEAR A CAT.. :)

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
(Tyler looks bolth ways to see if anyones watching) :)

Edited by tyler kick you fase, 05 June 2009 - 09:46 AM.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I once tried to cook three eggs over easy on a regular plate, and surprisingly they came out looking perfect. Here's the kicker once I stuck my fork into them they exploded and threw hot cooked yoke in my face. Lesson learned now I have a microwave egg tray :)

Edited by BHowett, 05 June 2009 - 10:19 AM.
spelling

chamber

chamber

Face Burnin' Malware Fighter

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,712 posts
Microwaved a CD once, makes all sorts of interesting sparks!

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Almost did a pack of crayons, then my Mom caught me....rats.. :)

normonster

normonster

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Before I purchased a good kiln I bought a cheapo styrofoam and asbestos type material device that allowed you to melt glass. It took about ten minutes to melt ten or twelve small beads and got the microwave very hot. The ceiling of the microwave melted so it hung down badly. My wife bought a new one and gave me that one for my shop. I used it for a few months to make kaleidoscope beads before buying a really good kiln.

Not funny, but unique.

normonster

normonster

normonster

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
That one made me think of this one. Some wood glue don't ever "let go" so getting something apart that you have glued is difficult. I found if you wet the pieces and nuke them for a minute or two they sometime come apart. I build k-scopes out of wood and would use the m-wave to break them apart but it was always before they were complete...just the wood.

One day I forgot that the mirrors are made with an aluminum/steel film and put a finished one in the m-wave to break it apart. Quite a light show.

normonster

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I tried microwaving a "oven only" pizza. It came out like rubber and was just terrible. Surprisingly and ironically, it took forever for it to cook, which is actually the reason I didn't use the oven. I didn't want to wait that long, I was hungry!

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
Haha, my physics teacher at school once told us about microwaving flies.

Not something I'd like to try in my microwave, but he definitely thought it was worth a mention during one physics lesson.

He was weird, I won't lie