Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FireFox won't Open At All, as of Yesterday.

• Please log in to reply

colegg

colegg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Dunno what happened really .. this machine is pretty slow most all the time, specially on boot-ups or any heavy work .. but I don't think that quite explains why Firefox was working till yesterday .. in the morning .. fine .. after an auto-update of addons, the IE addon being the only one .. now FireFox won't start at all. When I press the shortcut, a tool in Vista Toolbar shows me Firefox accesses something - but stops again without opening a screen .. so it's trying to run, but can't for some reason. Never seen that before. Also though, another window or what's like a Yahoo Widget, usually shows net speed or bits in & out, as well as showing my IP .. the in & out still shows, but no more IP visible. Wondering if they're connected in some way.

Any ideas anyone? Even rolled back a day in Win Recovery .. no change. Ah but then, I think I know why too .. cause I have Recovery turned off on all but the OS partition .. & Firefox isn't on that partition .. so guess the rollback was a total waste of time .. still .. at least I learned it wasn't a file in the OS causing the glitch. I changed no settings in Comodo Security before or after, so can't be that, I think. Oh also, no error messages or such appear at all.

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Which IE addon was it? Can you navigate to:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Extensions and choose updater.exe?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You mention Vista and XP.
I suspect its the same in both OS's.
Can you open Firefox in safe mode? start/ programs/ mozilla and choose safe mode.