Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor doesn't show picture

• Please log in to reply

strikan666

strikan666

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I turn on my PC, the monitor shows picture for a few seconds and then it disappears, but the power-light/led on the monitor is on. Then I have to turn it off and turn it on again, and it shows picture for a few seconds and then it disappears again. This happens both in Windows Xp and during the boot/start-up. Any ideas, what should I do?

Edited by strikan666, 05 June 2009 - 11:52 AM.

Advertisements

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
By picture do you mean like a manufacturer logo? Or do you see the Window desktop/startup for a couple seconds?

strikan666

strikan666

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I mean screen/image, be it windows desktop or start-up or manufacturer logo. It shows what it should show at that moment for few seconds, and then goes black, but the monitor is still on.

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Couple things I would test.

1. Try the monitor on a different device.
2. Try a different cable or connection (if your using vga try dvi, or vise versa)
3. Open up your PC and check to be sure your video card is seated and clean the fan