Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage

• Please log in to reply

jaybee2682

jaybee2682

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hey guys,

I keep getting the above error message when running Internet Explorer. My internet connection is working fine (we're using wireless broadband - my flatmate has not been experiencing the same isue - he's on a laptop, i'm on a desktop if that makes any difference).

IE usually works fine for between 2-10 mins, then the error message comes up. From then on it won't work again until I re-boot.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks guys

-Jay

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Will Firefox have same problem?

jaybee2682

jaybee2682

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi broni, downloaded firefox - it seemed to be working a bit better, but then kept getting the error message below come up, particularly if the webpage I was viewing had a lot of images on:

Warning: unresponsive script

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://ajax.googleap...rototype.js:475

It then gave the option to 'Stop Script' or 'Continue'.

Also, Firefox seemed to be running a lot slower than IE had been. After a while it would just stop working - the webpage would remain visible, but I was unable to click either forward or back onto other pages.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Jay

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows logo key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")
- security programs in use (antivirus, firewall)

jaybee2682

jaybee2682

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi Broni,

Thanks for getting back. The problem seems to have evolved.

Now when I start up the computer, Windows won't even load properly. It gets through to the background screen, but none of the desktop icons or the taskbar at the bottom appear. The cursor is visible and moves when I move the mouse.

System info (if still helpful at this stage!):

Processor - Pentium 4 2.66 GHz
RAM - 512MB
Hard Drive - 40GB (about 4GB currently free)
Security - Previously, had a not too up to date copy of Norton running, also think the Windows firewall was turned on. Since I started experiencing these issues (and before posting) I had installed and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Super Anti-Spyware and had installed the free version of Avast. It was the time after installing Avast when I turned on the machine that the above problem manifested.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks again,

-Jay

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Does it work OK in Safe Mode?
When you ran MBAM, and SAS, did they discover any issues?
You're running little bit low on hard drive space. With 40GB hard drive, you should have at least 6GB free.

jaybee2682

jaybee2682

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi broni,

thank you once again :-)

yes, can start up the system in safe mode. acknowledged re. hard disk space - i do currently have stuff on there i can back up elsewhere. should be no problem freeing it up to at least 6GB.

both MBAM and SAS did find a few things.

MBAM found: Rootkit.Agent, Trojan.Agent, WormP2P, Worm.Archive, Trojan.BHO, Adware.Need2Find, Disabled.Security.

SAS (which was run after MBAM) found: Adware.Tracking Cookie, Parasite.CoolwebSearch Variant, Trojan.Unknown Origin.

-Jay

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
In that case.....

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

jaybee2682

jaybee2682

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Cool, will do... thanks Broni.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
:)