Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't see Local Settings/Application Data

• Please log in to reply

Joeyp

Joeyp

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I recently tried to find my " Application/Data" folder but couldn't. I tried the " Show Hidden Files And Folders" option,but that was already checked,and it made no difference.I then went to the search option,and searched for the "Application /Data" folder ,and found some ,then I clicked on one of the folders I found,clicked on properties,and unchecked the hidden option,and I can now see the C:/Documents and settings/Owner/Application/Data folder,but not the "All Users/Application "folder,nor can I see the "Local Settings/Application/Data" folder for "Owner or All Users" .Can anyone help with this? P.S. There are no other users for this PC,I only have one account set up as "Owner" if that makes any difference.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
what exactly are you looking for

Joeyp

Joeyp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

what exactly are you looking for

I wasn't looking for anything in particular,but during my initial search I found a file for Comodo Firewall ,and it was listed under "Comodo/Local Settings/Application Data,and since I have uninstalled that program,I was wanting to delete that file,but I couldn't see the Local Settings folder,and I know it should be there as long as I didn't have it hidden,which I don't.I did delete the file from the search window,but I still want to be able to access that folder when I want to.Thanks

Edited by Joeyp, 06 June 2009 - 09:51 AM.

Ectech

Ectech

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Maybe i'm mistaken but from what i gather your looking for a Comodo file?

Have you checked program files\comodo?

Joeyp

Joeyp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Maybe i'm mistaken but from what i gather your looking for a Comodo file?

Have you checked program files\comodo?

I found the Comodo file during my search,and deleted it,but now I want to be able to find the Local Settings/Application Data folder which is hidden for some reason,and it doesn't help to check the "Show Hidden Files and Folders" option.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Try going to "Folder Options", and deselecting "Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended)"
This option is under the "View" tab.

Joeyp

Joeyp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Try going to "Folder Options", and deselecting "Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended)"
This option is under the "View" tab.

Sorry to say I've done all that but it makes no difference,I still can't see the Local Settings/Application Data folder,and if I check "Hide " the folders,it doesn't re-hide the Application/data folder that I can see.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Can you give me that path of the folder that you wish to access. Like: (this is just an example)
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Google

Joeyp

Joeyp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Can you give me that path of the folder that you wish to access. Like: (this is just an example)
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Google

There isn't any one folder I wish to access,I just want to be able to see the files in the folder. I can see the Owner\Application Data\ folder ,just not the Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\ folder.I guess I really don't have to see this folder,but I want to delete anything in there that's not needed anymore. :)

Edited by Joeyp, 07 June 2009 - 12:30 AM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
I can see that folder on my computer.

Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\

If you are not having any problems with your system, then it doesn't look like it is necessary to delete stuff that is not needed.

You can try this if you want to completely get rid of Comodo: http://forums.comodo...o-t17220.0.html

Joeyp

Joeyp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

I can see that folder on my computer.

Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\

If you are not having any problems with your system, then it doesn't look like it is necessary to delete stuff that is not needed.

You can try this if you want to completely get rid of Comodo: http://forums.comodo...o-t17220.0.html

OK,thanks anyway. :)

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
If you know the name or part of the name of the file or folder you are looking for, use Search in Windows Explorer to try to find the folder that you want. You can then delete all unnecessary files.

Joeyp

Joeyp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

If you know the name or part of the name of the file or folder you are looking for, use Search in Windows Explorer to try to find the folder that you want. You can then delete all unnecessary files.

Thanks edge. :)

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Did that work?
If it did, you are welcome, and good job on your part! :)
Thank you for coming to Geeks To Go, and hope to see you around again! :)