Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Audigy Soundblaster problems

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hey there,
I'm experiencing a really weird problem with my SB. It's version 2 and since today it doesn't play sound properly. I used the diagnostic tool and there were some issues (wave, midi and mixer were gone), so I downloaded the missing drivers, but unfortunately it's still doing it. As an example, I played several videos which have a soundtrack and then the voices talking. I would hear the soundtrack but not the voices, only when I go to EAX Control Panel and adjust one of the sound effects to the maximum level, you can hear it, but barely, and of course it's annoying because it has a sound effect I don't really want. Whenever you take that out, the voice is gone, except for a very low volume scratch that indicates that there's someone speaking... When I used creative diagnostics it doesn't show any issue, but the problem persists...

I'm at the end of my wits... and the problem is that I need this for my work, since I have to review videos...

Please help me :)