Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help please

• Please log in to reply

frattonpark

frattonpark

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hi i have been having problems for weeks with anything i download, once downloaded i cannot open files or even do online pc scans to look for problems, i can not also run anything from regedit, i alway get mesage saying windows cannot access specified device file or path, i have been looking to sort this out but am in need of help in what to do. I have found that in the device manager there is a problem with scsi and raid controllers, aka3hmgv ide controller, i have tried the troubleshoot but no joy what can i do and what is this doing to pc is this the problem from not being able to open any programs thanks in advance.

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
I would suggest posting over in the Malware forums first: http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html

Once you get a clean bill of health from them, post back here if you're still having problems.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
He was asked to go there from a post in the XP forum. http://www.geekstogo...ed-t240822.html

He now has 2 topics going and has yet to go to the malware forum.

frattonpark Please go to the malware forum as requested. 2 different forums are suggesting possible malware infection. We can not look at/ help with that in any other forum. If clean, then you can return.

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
If there is an infection on your system (which your description seems to indicate), then it's fruitless to try and fix your problems (as the suspected malware won't let the fixes work).

Malware makes Windows work in non-standard ways - and all of our fixes are based on Windows functioning in a standard way (so the results are predictable).

In the worst case, working on an infected system can cause the malware to morph itself into a another form that's even more difficult to locate and remove.