Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thumbnail image shows but actual image is blank?

• Please log in to reply

Chris_j33

Chris_j33

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi long time lurker here!
I'm having trouble opening a picture I took yesterday, the image shows up on the thumbnail but when I open it it just apears almost totally black. I tried adjusting levels and such but it wasn't that. As I said it shows up very clear on the thumbnail but just not when opened.
This didnt happen with any of the other images I took so I'm in need of help. :)

Thankyou

Advertisements

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Hi Chris_j33,

I'm not too sure on this one, but it may be that the photo was either corrupt to begin with, or something went wrong while copying. I get this every now and then with photo's from my digital camera: thumbnail looks just fine after copying to the PC, but the image either opens totally black or altered. In the case of my camera, it often happens when I switch it off to early (before the data has finished writing). With a phone it can be any number of issues. I don't know how to solve this though...Hope this helps a little...

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Forgot to add: it can happen that only one image out of a series comes out corrupted. In my case I've taken hundreds of images on one day, only to have two or three come out buggy in the end.

Edited by BlackHalo, 20 June 2009 - 09:24 AM.