I was wondering if anyone could help me, or point out something I might be missing...
I recently got the Sims 3 (and installed it on my XP computer)and the game works fine in 'Create a Sim' section and 'build mode' section, however when you actually play the game it is incredibly slow.
The requirements for the game are:
* Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
* 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
* 1 GB RAM
* At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
* 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
My computer has:
* Windows XP, Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.53GHz, ~2.5GHz
* 512MB RAM
* DirectX 10.1
* Graphics card - ATI Radeion HD 3600 Series (512MB & Shader Model 4.1 support)
* Hardrive with 29.3GB free space (45GB used)
I don't get why the game is so very slow? The only other things installed on the XP are Photoshop CS2 and the Sims 2 with all the expansion packs.
If anyone has any advice or can help me at all I would be very grateful as it's putting me off playing the game at all.
Also, the games settings are left on standard and haven't been altered to 'highest'.
Thanks for reading.