Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video/Graphics card help?

• Please log in to reply

gr8joel

gr8joel

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
Hello fellow geekstogo members.

Sorry if I sound lazy in any way for asking about this. I have looked all over the internet and have found nothing that could explain to me what to get in terms of a graphics card. The best buy kid was just throwing me around here and there (as if he didn't want me to have the best). Even though I have a good background in computers and how to work them and all, I still don't know how computers work (hardware speaking). Anyways I bought a Gateway Laptop and It was advertised as a gaming pc But it cant even run Unreal 3, or even the old Unreal Tournament 2004 @ highest settings. Basically what I wanted to know, is if there is a website that I could be pointed out to, in order to learn more about graphics cards as well as find out which ones are compatible with my SYstem. Also if there is a place that is recomended for shopping for graphics cards.

ps: If anyone knows about this matter maybe you could give me some advice about this topic, thanks in advance

I went to newegg.com and I think I may shop here, but if anyone else has a suggestion that would be nice.

Here are my system specs which I found at the gateway.com page (wow what a surprise lol)

http://www.gateway.c...t/529668220.php

Edited by gr8joel, 06 June 2009 - 12:15 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You say you bought a laptop but you've linked to a desktop.
Could you clarify whether you have a laptop or a desktop please?

Edited by Neil Jones, 06 June 2009 - 12:25 PM.

gr8joel

gr8joel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
Sorry for the mistake , It is indeed a desktop which is what I meant to say.

Its a desktop that I have. lol :)