Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot connect any USB Device

• Please log in to reply

Chirag64

Chirag64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I updated my USB drivers to the latest version using DriverMax successfully. But still the USB does not work. :)

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I too knew we were talking about a dual boot system...
we know its not a hardware issue because ubuntu see's the flash drives and can use them..
this is windows issue...
look in the bios and toggle the setting that decides if the bios or windows loads the drivers for the connected hardware...I don't have time this morning to find a screenshot for you ...

Chirag64

Chirag64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I had not changed any BIOS settings before my USB stopped working, nor did I see any such setting in BIOS, but I changed all settings to defaults anyways. It didn't work.

Btw, how would you take a screenshot of BIOS?!? :)

Edited by Chirag64, 19 June 2009 - 12:20 PM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
1: Try to restore to a date before the problem started.

2: If the above doesn't help click Start > Run. In the dialog box type sfc /scannow (please note the space in the command). If a corrupt or missing system file is found the chances are that you will be asked to insert your windows installation CD. Let the process run to the end at which the dialog box just disappears.

Chirag64

Chirag64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Already tried sfc /scannow

No old system restore points :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
look in the bios for these...
also look in services for plug and play ...make sure its set to automatic and its started...

Chirag64

Chirag64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Mine is same as the ones shown in your screenshots. Start and running.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
What were you doing on the computer at the time when it stopped working? Did you install/uninstall any programs, get any seemingly un-related error messages?

Chirag64

Chirag64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I was only copying some files from from the pen drive to my pc. I dont remember if i installed any new software, but i'm sure i didn't click on any suspicious looking file.

Is it possible that this could be coz of a malware?!?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Yes it is possible, for some reason I was thinking you'd already been given the all clear from a Malware Staff member... Head on over there and follow these instructions.

Advertisements

Chirag64

Chirag64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I finally gave up and formatted my C drive and reinstalled windows and the problem is solved. Thnx all for helping :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome...and thanks for letting us know... :)