Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless keeps disconecting

• Please log in to reply

aldee11

aldee11

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
this is my first post, and i hope you guys can help me with my problem.
There is something wrong with my connection, for some reason it keeps getting disconnected every 20 mins.
The problem is it only happens when im playing online games. it didnt happen when i was browsing..
is there something wrong with my pc or my connection??
btw i use verizon, and there is nothing wrong with the signal..
this is the notification from event viewer:

The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\TCPIP_{4A928612-1F61-425F-8F0F-ED7942D38C23} was disconnected from the network, and the adapter's network configuration has been released. If the network adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has malfunctioned. Please contact your vendor for updated drivers.

please help me.. I dont know much about computer.
thanks

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Open device manager, by going to: Start > Run > devmgmt.msc
Under Network Adapters, double click your card or adapter.
Under driver tab, choose update driver.

aldee11

aldee11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just did it, but i havent tested it yet..
Could wireless phone be the problem? people told me that it was because of the frequency of the wireless phone.
I have another question. How do you maximize the signal?? i have a very low signal in my room, but i have excellent singal just by standing in front of my room's door.
Do walls and doors really effect the signal??
thanks

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
I don't think so.. I have wireless phones throughout the house, and I have no problem at all. If you have dsl, I know you need the little DSL filters plugged into the phone lines around the house. You can read here about the wireless signal going through walls and doors, but unless you have metal doors in brick walls, you shouldn't have a problem. :)

As for amplifying the signal.. Better router? They have a weird system on routers, I think N being pretty high.. Not sure.

But you shouldn't have as much trouble as you're having.. even with the worst router around. Hopefully that fix helped it out. :)

-Jason