Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ultra Wipe 1.51

• Please log in to reply

Jo Po

Jo Po

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Recently i have downloaded this program called UltraWipe 1.51 in hopes of COMPLETELY deleting unwanted and old downloaded files from the internet. All i want to do is delete internet files but not things in my documents. When i clicked the "find now" button it seemed to pull up a lot of my personal documents that i don't want deleted. I was hesitant in clicking the "ultrawipe" button in fear of it completely overwritting all of my files and me losing everything.

So my question is: Does anyone know anything about this program? And can you help me in deleting the files i only want to be deleted like temporary internet files and downloads?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Welcome to Geeks to go.

We recommend ATF Cleaner, so download ATF Cleaner.

The program does not get installed as most programs do. Put a checkmark in what you want to delete. You can also do Firefox and Opera if pertinent

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Two programs i can suggest that should work for what you want to do:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Aha Runner you beat me on that ATF. Good to see you and as always a honor to work beside you. :)

Jo Po

Jo Po

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks very much. I will check the ATF program out.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome and please let us know how it works out for you.

Jo Po

Jo Po

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
It seems that everything has worked for me and it was just what i was looking for.

Thanks again.

P.S. i have grown a liking for this site. A lot of friendly helpful people here and i have already learned tons. Thanks a million :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So everything is now resolved and working correctly?

Jo Po

Jo Po

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes, thank you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible