Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Certain Programs Can't connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply

katie needs help

katie needs help

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. I have recently been having trouble with my internet connection and certain programs. Not all programs just some. For some reason unknown to me, and evidently several tech support hotlines for various products, Itunes, Mozilla, My Sims game launcher, and Internet Explorer 8 (not 7) cannot connect to the internet. The only programs that seem to be able to successfully access the internet are IE7 and any aol related product. This problem started not long after I had to rebuild my computer thanks to a lovely little issue with the motherboard on my old setup. I thought it was because of some windows update but I have since deleted all windows updates since the problem first started and gotten nowhere, although there were a couple updates that could not be uninstalled I guess those could be the issue. I have also tried completely disabling windows firewall and symantec antivirus (which I am looking into completely removing and replacing) and that hasn't worked. I ahve now contacted itunes (though I don't think its an issue with each individual product) my ISP, and Norton (although they offered no help and told me to call a different number) and asked various other sources and nothing has helped. Is there anything anyone out there can think of to try and see if I can get my internet to work? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

willmon2000

willmon2000

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I had the same problem a while back here is my post make sure your computer is clean of infections. http://www.geekstogo...ox-t260931.html