Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trying to post Quick BlogCast @ godaddy

• Please log in to reply

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
OK, obviously I'm completely clueless about something I need to know to get a blog entry uploaded to my godaddy account. None of my searches in the help @ godaddy are getting me what I want. I go to upload and I get three lines that MUST be filled in. One says database name. How the heck do I figure out my database name? I know I probably should send godaddy a customer support question on this but I'd like to get it done tonight so, I thought I'd try here on the off chance some night owl could help me out.

Advertisements

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Well, crumbs. Apparently, what I did was take an offer for a free economy hosting for the URL I added the blog to. I wanted it on the deluxe hosting I had bought and now I don't know how to take the URL off the free economy and put it on the deluxe. ;<

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
OK, this doesn't make sense. This is a snapshot of my go-daddy hosting page, attached. It offered me 3 free economy hosting credits. I took one. You can tell there's only two left. But there's only a selection for setting up the deluxe host. No selection for setting up the economy host I took. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• hosting_page.gif

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Now I'm even more confused. one whois says I host my own url. Another says there's a domain name but not a website and a third says the domain doesn't even exist??? Waddup wit dat?

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Finally got it all figgerd out. Godaddy gives me a headache. :)