Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with putting in website pls.

• Please log in to reply

pytis

pytis

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Im using Network Solutions Hosting but it realy seems complicated i know the basics of HTML but how do you send it to their server so thay will make the website online.

i had an e-mail send to me witch provides info for you so you can help me beter it seems very very complicated can anyone show me step by step how to import my html file to make a website i just want to but up a " Under construction" sign on the website to see if it works
this is how the website is that i want it to be ( 1 page )
;) :tazz: :)
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>UNDER CONSTRUCTION</TITLE>
</HEAD>
L-H-P.net Is Under contruction please wait a few weeks/months. curent website is pytis.tripod.com
</BODY>
</HTML>
:) ;) :)

so thats it please help.

Dear Network Solutions Customer,

Congratulations on purchasing your new hosting package and thank you for choosing Network Solutions for your Web hosting needs. As a reliable and secure online industry leader, we look forward to helping you grow your presence online.

Below, please find important information that will allow you to begin using your hosting package today - think of it as a quick reference guide. You may want to print a copy of this message and login to Account Manager while reviewing it.

=================
Account Information
=================
Account Number:
Account Holder:
Primary Contact:

Hosting Package Type-Platform: Advanced Hosting Package - Windows
Hosting Package Term: Monthly
Hosting Package URL: http://003FFDD.NETSOLHOST.COM
FTP Username:
FTP Password:

Edited by pytis, 11 May 2005 - 05:06 PM.

Advertisements

MaDoG

MaDoG

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Once you have the HTML file (which you have), save it as Index.htm.

You then need to use an ftp (File Transfer Protocol) program to upload your webpage to the Net Work Solutions server.

I have not worked with Network Solutions servers, so I cannot advise you further.
but if you log into your Account with them, and look for "file Uploading" , or FTP instructions, they may have a simple ftp program that you can download and use, or you may be able to upload using their servers..

I do know that there are simple and free ftp programs available on the net. Just a quick google will find you a bunch.

pytis

pytis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
yay i got it if you want to see its
l-h-p.net

one more question: how do i add another page like from a link that goes to another page that i made?

PS.thanks alot now i need to make a normal index page!!
PPS. theres a simple ftp program build into the site

Edited by pytis, 12 May 2005 - 10:07 PM.

pytis

pytis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I GOT IT OK THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYONE I MADE MY WEBSITE (well kinda) (needs updating)

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
To add another link, you will need an anchor tag.

<a href="http://www.yoursite.com/link1.html">Link Text</a>

pytis

pytis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I said i got it already if you wana check it out for now its public later its gona be private. l-h-p.net
but how do you add a user name and password boxes to make your website private and other links in your website private i searched all over the net but i cant find it. its not realy that necasary but i still wana know how to do it.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
It's an old post, but since you're using Win XP :

Use Virtual Private Networks for Secure Internet Data Transfer

IIS Protection

or :

Password Protection Scripts

Website password protection script

Ron