Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pay-Per-View Online - I'm Looking for Recommendations ?

• Please log in to reply

Kati.Pea

Kati.Pea

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Once, on a day far far away, I acquired the name of a reputable online site for watching TV & Movies for a fee. I cannot for the life of me remember the name. Since that day, I have watched a lot of free TV shows and movies online, and the quality for movies is hit or miss, with the emphasis on miss. There's the buffering issue, the dark lighting, not to mention the legal issues and the ever-present ferocious malware trojans.

I'm thrilled (NOT) that Hulu and Fancast are showing movies for free. But I'm really not interested in watching The Sound of Music for the 100th time. I'd kinda like to pick my own movie.

I would gladly pay a reasonable fee (monthly/yearly) to become a member of a site that provides high quality videos. I'm not wild about the idea of paying $1.99 to watch a one-hour TV show at Amazon, or ... God forbid ... 15 bucks to "buy" a movie. Clearly, Blockbuster is not an option. I don't want a postal relationship with my movie. I want it at my fingertips. For a coupla hundred bucks I guess I could do Netflix online. ($99 for yearly membership + $99 for cheapest "Netflix ready device.")

There just has to be a better way. I've searched the forums and didn't come up with anything. Help?
[/font][/size]

Edited by Kati.Pea, 08 June 2009 - 10:01 AM.

Advertisements