Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Internet Security Installation error

• Please log in to reply

daddy0

daddy0

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just purchased Norton Internet Security. I tried to install it but get a Windows error message that says "Norton Internet Security Autorun has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sory for the inconvenience." There is some hypertext in the window that shows the error report, the report gives these details in as the error signature: AppName: cdstart.exe, AppVer: 8.0.0.64, ModName: nview.dll, ModVer: 6.13.10.3190, Offset: 00009ddf. I suspect there is a virus that is preventing me from installing Internet Security. Do you have any idea how I can get around this?

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
run the ad-aware and spybot programs, then try

have you tried the free AVG anti-virus, once installed you can go into safe mode and do a virus scan

also, those spyware scans, do it in safe mode, its faster

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would run http://www.pandasoftware.com/active scan to check before trying to install. also make sure your version of windows has had all the critical updates applied via windowsupdate.

please see this for additional info

daddy0

daddy0

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I followed the suggests that were offered and was able to get Norton Internet Security installed, thanks. However, now when I run it I continue to get similar errors, all coming from nview.dll. It is preventing me from doing most of the things I need to do with Internet Security, like get a live update. Could this nview.dll be some sort of malware?