Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

installation auto run issue, and another disc issue

• Please log in to reply

dnul

dnul

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok i'm gonnna try to kill two birds with one stone here

just for a goof, i decided to install star wars battle front II again... but shortly after i put in the install disc and it opens the auto run to the menu, i recieve the typical program had to close message (this happens before the menu for installation opens, because the menu for installation... doesn't open.)

heres a screenshot of the message, we've all seen it before though.

http://s143.photobuc...nt=errorpic.jpg

is there anything that can stop this? and what is causing it

ok here is the second bird to kill in regards to computer gaming.

I have a disk for the Oblivion game, and whnenever i make an attempt to re install it (i have had it installed and working), the blue screen of death comes up almost instantaneously when i push the D drive in and the disc spins... is this a disc issue? or is it my computer?

any help for either of these is much appreciated... I hope I'm not asking too much.

Edited by dnul, 08 June 2009 - 04:48 PM.

Advertisements

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Can you try the Star Wars Battlefront install again and record the time when it happens. Then, after the error, right click on 'My Computer', select 'Manage', then click on Event Viewer. Go through each category and post any error/warnings you get at the time of the error (specifically Application and System error/warnings.

For oblivion, have you tried this CD in another computer? That would tell us if its your Cd/drive or if its your computer. (My guess is computer). Have you tried doing a full manual uninstall to remove all traces of Oblivion before doing the install.