Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Runtime Library Error affecting Office XP

• Please log in to reply

LAFitz

LAFitz

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Suddenly I was unable to open MS Word due to the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error shown in the attached screenshot. So after searching for advice on how to fix it and finding nothing useful, I uninstalled and then reinstalled Office XP Professional. That worked fine for about 48 hours and then the same error message appeared again. Any pointers you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Laurie

Attached Files

Advertisements

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
See if this helps: http://support.micro...b;en-us;Q322201

LAFitz

LAFitz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks Vino. Although my problem was with opening Word and not closing it as discussed in the MS site you recommended, I was able to search from there and find a solution.

Laurie

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
Excellent!

Glad you got it sorted. :)