Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dell dimension e521 turns on but no video on monitor

• Please log in to reply

Retana

Retana

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have a dell dimension e521 with xp dont know a lot about computers.Just know its an AMD 64 HAS A 80GB HARD DRIVE AND THERE is no VIDEO!Probleam started on MAY of 2009 was using the computer when it froze decided to turn on and turn back on.When the computer was turned on it displayed a blue screen then called dell for help.My warranty was out since march so they gave me a one time help at no cost!They told me xp had to be reinstalled and send me the discs since i no longer had them.Told me to call back when i recieved them.When I got them i called back but they refused to help because of warranty.Then installed xp on my own only wishing for everything to come out good.Installed xp and drivers computer worked great!Then started surfing internet and BAM the computer freezes does not move.Tried turning on but just gave me some beeps and fan then took it to a friends that knows about computer.He didnt know what he was doing and when i got the computer back no beeps.From what i have read on the website no beeps means a fried motherboard so im like What the... did he do my motherboard.So im here asking is the motherboard my probleam?if it is can it be repaired or what is the probleam with the pc?Any help would be apreciated thanks!

Edited by Retana, 08 June 2009 - 07:07 PM.

Advertisements

Nicromanser

Nicromanser

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey i hope you have fixed your problem by the time you read this, but these computers are bad frikkin news
I've been scouring google for the last day and a half for a solution to a like problem. (no video but powers on)

we replaced the mother board and nothing happened, problem remained. my internet hunt has lead me to believe that these particular mobos are the utmost crap. in one choice read, a man went throught 3 motherboards bef ore dell said "forget this, we are just going to send you a new computer."

seing as how the mobos are goofy that has me narrowing it down to _ options
BIOS- lots of stuff about a funky bios dowload that screws with your stuff, not just video
Processor- nothing runs with out a porcessor, sure you can get power but still...
Power Supply-could be that its not getting enought juice

Boring story aside, you may invest in an alternate solution or a new computer altogether
best of luck :) , Nicro