Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

c drive help?

• Please log in to reply

sarahs

sarahs

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me

Im on windows xp home.

Well, nothing seems to be workin, it wont defrag, it wont do a disk check , nothin will load up exept from firefox and a few other things, i cant install anything, i cant even click on c drive it says access denied or i get the error message 'Windows cannot find 'recycler/s-2-9-50-1000029363-100026996-4265.com. make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again'. I have tried everything i can think of but i cant run any of my virus or spyware software etc, it did allow me to run antivir xp but it didnt help, i also tried to do a system resore but it wont allow this either , i click next and nothing happens.

Also on startup i get the error missing boot.ini file booting from c:/windows. Do you think this could be anything to do with it? i have instruction on how to fix that but do not have an xp disc , the pc has recently had a new hard drive and it was like that when i got it back but everything was workin fine
untill today.

Any ideas anyone? be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by sarahs, 08 June 2009 - 07:32 PM.

Advertisements

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
This is a malware problem unfortunately.

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Good luck :)

ne0h

ne0h

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Removed malware removal advice.

Edited by Octagonal, 09 June 2009 - 01:42 AM.

sarahs

sarahs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thank you