Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Font/System Restore Problem

• Please log in to reply

badlog

badlog

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Okay, recently, my font size has changed to some weird big bold size. Here is a screen shot to better describe my problem.
Posted Image
I have checked my resolution settings as they are set to the highest possible res on my screen and i checked my Font DPI settigs as well.. In the past few days I had to uninstall (manually) microsoft office enterprise so, i think i might have deleted some file that relates to font... And with system restore, well it says everytime i restore, that it didnt restore sucessfully..

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Open up the Personalize screen and select "Window color and appearance"
Then select the Advanced button.

In the drop down box, try each of the items. The sections with "TITLE" in them should be bolded, those without "TITLE" should not be bolded.

FWIW - this doesn't change in my Vista Standard Color scheme, but your results may be different.

badlog

badlog

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the help! but it didn't work :) More Info: I followed your suggestion but all the names that included TITLE were bolded (except one which i did change) and all the ones that did not have TITLE were unbolded... :)

I have never encountered this problem before and I think it may be a problem with the resolution....
For example:
Posted Image

Here you can see that even in this DPI Scaling window, the text floats off screen, and you can barely see the Custom DPI button

Im going to try and recover those system files i deleted, so ill post back if there are any changes.

badlog

badlog

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
oh and about the System Restore issue. Everytime i load up system restore to revert my computer, it acts normal, and restarts the computer, but when it loads up the desktop, a system restore prompt pops up saying " System Restore did not restore your computer successfully or system restore did not complete the restore successfully" something like that... Its a really annoying problem because I can never restore my system.... I did look on some other forums and they said that one could have corrupted system restore files due to viruses etc... And they said that one should turn system restore on and off.. but that was for Windows XP ... I dont think they carried on that function to vista..

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
I'm at a loss on how to proceed here. It could be an issue with the fonts, but I know nothing about them. It could be related to an infection, but I don't know what the infection would've changed.

I'd have to suggest that you wait for someone more knowledgeable to post on this topic.

Good luck!

badlog

badlog

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
No problem! thank you very much for all your help

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts