Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! LcD monitor NOT turning ON!

• Please log in to reply

jadi929

jadi929

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Ok well heres the monitor I have:

LT7T7s Mag Innovision

Heres more info on it:

http://www.maginnovi...d...465&pi=1459

Well this is what happened, I wake up one morning to find that my monitor is not turning on. I had turned it off properly the night before. Well I figured maybe it was just the power cord. Made sure it was connected right.

But no use, then I decided to hook up my old CRT monitor to see if it wasnt the actual monitor. But the CRT worked fine. (thats what i'm using rite now)

Anyway, I opened it up to see inside even though I know nothing about LCD Monitors. I looked around, made sure the wires were connected and everything. Made sure the actual power button was ok. And when I put it back together, IT WORKED!!!!

Now while I was hooking it up, I accidentally pressed the power button, and WALAAA! it turns off and now were back to scratch.

So can anyone help me out here?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It looks like you need new monitor.

jadi929

jadi929

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
is there any way to fix it? or will i just have to buy a new one? wats the normal life expectancy for these things? i have had mine for about 2 years now

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You don't fix monitors, because the cost of the repair will always be higher, than the cost of brand new monitor.

jadi929

jadi929

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
nevermind guys, i just decided to open it up again and this time removed the lcd to make sure the power cable and other wires were connected properly, and when i closed it all up, it worked fine. thanks anyway for your help!!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Good :)