Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Device Remover

• Please log in to reply

SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
I was just curious, which can be a dangerous thing in itself. Does anyone use the program/application Device Remover?

If anyone does use this what do you use it for? I don't mean what can it be used for.. but rather what real life situation would you use it in? I installed it a while back and forgot about it.. Was playing with it just now and had forgotten all the potential damage that could be caused using it. Don't worry i didn't do anything stupid. I did use the verinfo command line tool to makeup a html page of version info for everything on the computer under the c drive.. that was pretty interesting xD

What do you use it for? let me know!

Edited by BHowett, 10 June 2009 - 03:34 PM.
removed link

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

I installed it a while back and forgot about it.. Was playing with it just now and had forgotten all the potential damage that could be caused using it.

I removed your link as we don't want to provide links to applications that could potentially damage a users system.

SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
ah ok.. I thought the way i typed it in was appropriate. but o well. Only reason I gave a link was so people who read it and wanted to know what it was or where to get it could get it from the source itself and not some knockoff.

Thanks!

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I have not used it myself, but after reading a few reviews it’s obvious that it should not be used by average computer users. Its very complex and can really do damage to your system if not used correctly. It also appears to be recommend more for system administrators, and others that have a strong know how of computers and their functions.

So in short, I would not recommend that an average user play with it.

SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
oh yes.. I completely agree with you. This is definitely not for just anyone that doesn't know exactly what they are doing. lots of damage could come from just playing around in it. I know.. I messed up a couple of VM PLayer session with it. They were ghosted of course and that made for an easy reinstall but thats not the point.

I wonder if anyone else has any war stories from this application?