Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista - Various Problems - Blank Screen - No Internet - Can't Unin

• Please log in to reply

absolutely

absolutely

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I turned on my laptop yesterday morning and it booted up fine until the logon screen, here are the problems I am having:

1) I logged in and after I login it just sits at a blank screen, nothing loads, so I press CTRL - ALT - DEL and end explorer.exe and do a new task for explorer and it loads fine. I have to do this every time.

2) I cannot connect to the internet, I click on connect to network and it just freezes.

3) I go to Programs and Features to remove certain programs, and I can't uninstall anything, I click then uninstall and nothing happens.

4) I ran a virus scan with Avast in Safe mode, only way I could, and nothing was found, I ran a spyware scan and it found 37, so I removed them, still no success with the problems above.

5) I ran CCleaner, done all the fixes etc and still no luck.

Can anyone help?

Advertisements