Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

issues with handycam video retrieval on Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

emalethbane

emalethbane

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,
I wonder if anyone can help me. My husband bought me a Sony Handycam DCR DVD650/DVD850 for my wedding present and I'm trying to install the software onto my computer to transfer the video and edit it. The problem is when I install the software, the computer crashes and I have to go into safemode to uninstall the entire software package to get the computer working again. I've tried installing the WSP3 and still no progress. Can anyone help me please! I have windows XP and I think just some generic video card called a Legacy video capture device. Here's my specs:

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service pack 3

Computer:
Intel Pentium 4
3.20 GHz
3.19 GHz, 0.99 GB RAM

Legacy Video Capture Device

I really don't know what to do next. If you can help, please do.

Thanks
emalethbane

Advertisements