Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blank screen

• Please log in to reply

yanks23

yanks23

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
just fininshed building my new computer and it doesnt work. everything turns on but the scren is blank. I dont think its the video card becaue i used and older card that i know works n still nothing. I think its the motherboard. I also heard that it can be he ram or the psu. please help :)

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Your monitor shows power? Have you checked the monitor on another system to see if it's working? Any beeps from the BIOS system check? You have power to the video card, right?(usually makes a large screeching sound if no power is supplied to it :) )

yanks23

yanks23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
yea i had everything connected right n i ues my tv for a monitor. I rebuilt the computer n i guess the motherboard was screwed on to tight cuz it works now.
thx for the help tho.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Probably shorting it out being too tight. Always remember to use those rubber gaskets in between the mounting screw and the board :)

yanks23

yanks23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
wow thx u were right