Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office "configurations" at startup

• Please log in to reply

badlog

badlog

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Every time I wish to load a component of Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 or Microsoft Office Home and Student ( I.E Word 2007, PowerPoint 2007, Excel 2007 etc. ) The Application starts up with a series of configurations (there is an MSI Installer prompt saying something like " Configuring Microsoft Office Enterprise , or something like Microsoft Office Shared MUI " and then it brings up a Microsoft Office installer prompt ( the nice looking one) and shows a progress bar which says Microsoft Office Enterprise is configuring your software ( or something like that ). It takes about 5 mins for the progress bar to fully finish and then it brings up another MSI installer prompt and a Microsoft Office GUI again. After about 5 or 6 of those, Word, or whatever program I selected prompts me with a message saying "Microsoft Office is not installed for this user" and quits the application.

I have tried reinstalling Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 and Home and Student many times to no success. I also tried the method "repair" on the disk, but that did not do anything...

This problem started after I installed the update for Microsoft Office (i believe it was the SP1 ) from Windows Update.

Any help is appreciated greatly as I need this program for everyday use and I do not know what to do. :) :)

Edit:(more info): I have also used the method to manually uninstall microsoft office enterprise 2007 as the
Add/Remove Programs way didn't work... (I got an error message saying Microsoft Office Enterprise cannot access this registry key... etc)

Advertisements