Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Noodle stuck under a key

• Please log in to reply

haloxrepublic

haloxrepublic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
As completely ridiculous and retarded as it sound... I was eating some mi goreng as I replied to a few comments and a little chunk of noodle fell into the keyboard.
Absentmindedly, I tried to pick it out with my fingers but instead jammed it further between the keys.
And then I tried to get it out with a pen, but it slipped under the key between z and c.
I'm not going to type it (the letter) cause I dont want to squish the noodle.

I'm a little bit worried. I'm pretty sure you can take the keys off a keyboard without breaking it but then again I'm completely incompetent and don't want to [bleep] it up.

I would really appreciate it if someone could be all "hey, this is how you take off keys w/o ruinin yo keyboard" and id be all "wurrrrd"
I cant believe i just said that
anyway, forgive a person for thinkin theyre black and being computer/everything illiterate

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Well, I am sure you can remove the keycaps without destroying anything, but - some are pretty tricky and there are many mechanical methods used, so without knowing how your keycaps attach, I would not know how to suggest removing it.

but it slipped under the key between z and c.

Umm, do you mean X marks the spot? :)

I would buy a can of compressed dusting gas from your local home improvement store, turn the keyboard upside down, then attempt to blast the debris out with the nozzle tube. I was going to suggest you wait until it dries, but the starch in the noodle would probably glue the mess in there.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I was thinking a bent paper clip or wire - after ensure no power was getting to the keyboard.

Curious D

Curious D

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
This gave me a good chuckle. I'm sure you aren't the only one to get something caught in the keyboard. If the noodle is thin enough, perhaps letting it dry before attempting to remove it may make it easier.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Only issue I can think of with paper clip or wire is you may just poke holes in it.

That's true - some keyboards have a moisture barrier under the keys. :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Possibly try a vacuum cleaner.