Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezing problems when closing the lid of laptop

• Please log in to reply

jenny222

jenny222

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
hi, i currently bought a new laptop toshiba windows vista home premium. Closing the lid is set on hibernation, and wen i close the lid and reopen it, it freezes. then i have to restart using the shutdown button becuase its frozen.this happened many times. also if i set it on sleep, and open the lid the same happens. Also sometimes when i turn on the comp it loads then the blue screen says 'welcome' and then blue stripes appear everywhere and then it freezes. please help, shutting down with the button damages the computer. the video driver is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650.

Edited by jenny222, 10 June 2009 - 03:59 AM.

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
I would try:
- downloading new video drivers from this page: http://support.amd.c...ages/index.aspx
Only download the drivers, not the entire Catalyst Control Center package
- uninstall your current Catalyst software and drivers through Control Panel...Programs and Features...Uninstall a program
- then install the drivers that you downloaded.

jenny222

jenny222

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
The website has radeon 3600 series but not 3650

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Use that one as the 3650 is a part of the 3600 series.