Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to make a movie playlist using .mpg files

• Please log in to reply

stringcheesy

stringcheesy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I would like to make a movie playlist for when I am playing a game say Diablo 2, so I can hear other things than the great, but easily "getting old" music of this classic.

I have done some research, and I hope that it is conclusive enough to say that .mpg files converted from VOB files ripped from a DVD are of very close resemblance to DVD or VOB quality (if this info. is not accurate, please correct me I would love any feedback). :) :) :)

I have downloaded the application "VOB2MPG". Basically it takes the .vob files and makes them into .mpg files (funny something that actually does what it says).

The wall that I am running into is I want to play multiple movies in a playlist and to be able to shuffle the playlist.

In other words, I want to know how I can get multiple .mpg files that resemble one movie to play in their order, and then have other multiple .mpg files resembling other movies to play in their order as well, but be able to shuffle the movies and then repeat and reshuffle at the end of the playlist.

What I am envisioning is basically the same idea of a music playlist. The only issue is that songs are one file, and these movies are made up of many.

Is there a program that will do this cleanly, or an add on for WMP or something?

Thank you very much in advance for the help.

Thank you and best regards,

String

Advertisements

stringcheesy

stringcheesy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I am sorry, I have just figured out my own question. The program VOB2MPG actually puts the files into one large .mpg.

However, I would still like to know the comparison of .mpg to DVD or .vob quality.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
"mpg files converted from VOB files ripped from a DVD "

Where did the dvd's come from you are ripping?