Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista produck key invalid

• Please log in to reply

cupidbistro

cupidbistro

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hi, i will just go staright to my problem

when i switch on my computer,
a "windows activition" pops out and tell me my product key is invalid
this limits my computer to function normally

i have 3 choices
1. buy a new key from the net
2. activate with a key
3. contact benq for support

in fact this is my second times encountering with this problem)i forgot how i solve it last time)

is there anyway to stop it from happening again?

thx

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
contact benq (i assume they're the ones who sold you the PC) and see what they say...you can also contact microsoft directly to get this sorted...if you've got a valid key they will either reissue you a new one or find some other method

nave29

nave29

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi cupidbistro this is nave29 I am 66 years old and just started to run computers 2 years ago, I ran into the same problem. Are you running an up-grade to your original OS?I have a HP tower that originally came with vista home premium 32 bit but it was corrupt from the factory so I did a custom install on my tower of vista ulitmate but i had trouble again so i did another custom install of vista ultimate it worked fine but windows wouldn't accept the key code. So I went to HP and got the factory OS disk from them I think you must have to have the original key code to use the up grade disk and it's key code. I have now installed vista home premium 64 bit and it works fine. I still have the up grade disks for ultimate 32 and 64 bit but haven't installed it yet.