Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No user names to log onto on Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

laundry95

laundry95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sorry it took so long!! I ran ophcrack and launch.sh said, "No tables found !!" and didn't launch. I guess that this is a bad thing..?

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Do you have any personal files you would want to save before you do a reformat and reinstall?

We can try using this: http://pcsupport.abo...flinentpwed.htm

laundry95

laundry95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Okay! Now are we just reinstalling from the windows disk?

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
You can try using the software in the link in my previous post. If that cannot find any user accounts, we will have to reinstall.

Do you have any data that you want to backup?

laundry95

laundry95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ooh... I thought that was just for backing up files :/ I actually used a different method. Since I don't really have any reason to want to keep the operating system as it is and I have all of the files that I need, would it just be easier to reinstall?

hardwarebugs

hardwarebugs

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Ok, I have no idea were this is but I can't open any of my folders in the same window. (my setting are set to open in the same window)

When I open up "folder options..." and "file type" under Drive and Folder the command to open is missing. I made a command that opens windows explorer to access the folders but thats kinda annoying since it always opens a new window. And If I right click the drive i can select to open it but its not an option I can set as default.

How do I fix this? Anyone?

hardwarebugs

hardwarebugs

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi,
type guest in the username and hit enter
Just try once and c, iam not sure, it works!

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Sorry for taking so long to respond... my ISP was having problems.

If you have your files backed up, then do a clean reformat and reinstall. Once you are done, come back with the results, and if you need any more help.

laundry95

laundry95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
It's okay, you don't have to apologize! I take longer to respond than you do all of the time :)

I reinstalled, and it is working beautifully :) Thank you so much for your help!

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Good to see your problem fixed! :)

Advertisements